Take our Trivia Quiz and find out! Ten multiple choice questions and seven possible bonus points. Note your answers and check them using the link at the bottom. Then brag about your score by tweeting us @BCProvCourt.
1. Where is the newest courthouse in
(b) Prince George
2. In how many locations does the Provincial Court of British Columbia conduct court proceedings? (counting both staffed and unstaffed court locations)
3. How big is the area covered by the Court's Northern Region?
a) 670,000 square kilometres
b) 560,000 square kilometres
c) 430,000 square kilometres
4. How many Indigenous and First Nations courts does the Provincial Court of BC operate in collaboration with local First Nations and communities?
(a) 4 (b) 6 (c) 8
Add a bonus point: How many other
specialized courts does the Provincial
Court of BC operate?
5. Judges working in one BC city have professional photographs taken seated on horseback in their judicial robes. In what city is this tradition maintained?
(a) Dawson Creek
(b) Williams Lake
For a bonus point: What low-tech process was used
to make this photo?
6. What Bryan Adams song contains a number that is significant in relation to the BC Provincial Court Act?
(a) 18 Till I Die
(b) Summer of ‘69
(c) Cloud Number 9
7. Name the courthouse… and for a bonus point, name the artist who painted this picture!
(b) Salmon Arm
8. What does the Court’s Judicial Complement report tell you?
(a) The number of judges on the Court, adjusted to reflect the fact that senior judges sit part-time
(b) The names of judges who retired, elected to sit part-time as senior judges, or were appointed in the preceding month
(c) Changes in the adjusted number of judges (“Judicial Full-time Equivalents”) since 2005.
(d) All of the above.
9. What was the average and median age of a BC Provincial Court judge on March 31, 2020?
10. What percentage of the Court’s new cases in 2019/20 were criminal matters?
Bonus points: What percentage of the Court’s new cases were child protection, Family Law Act, small claims, and youth? (one point for each correct answer)
Now check your Answers!