Chief Judge Appointment
The Honourable Judge Thomas J. Crabtree was appointed Chief Judge April 8, 2010 for a five year term. As a result of the BC Justice Reform Initiative released August 27, 2012 the provincial legislature fixed the term of a chief judge at 7 years, and extended Chief Judge Crabtree’s term. He currently serves as Chief Judge pursuant to Order in Council 183, dated April 7, 2017.
Associate Chief Judge Appointments
- The Honourable Judge Melissa Gillespie was appointed Associate Chief Judge April 15, 2016 for a 2 year term.
- The Honourable Judge Susan Wishart was appointed Associate Chief Judge May 15, 2016 for a 2 year term.
Regional Administrative Judge Appointments
- The Hon. Judge Michael Brecknell was appointed to the Northern Region April 1, 2013, re-appointed July 1, 2014 for a three year term, and re-appointed July 1, 2017 for a one year term.
- The Hon. Judge Carman Rogers was appointed to the Vancouver Island Region July 10, 2017 for a three year term.
- The Hon. Judge Robert Hamilton was appointed to the Fraser Region July 1, 2015 for a two year term.
- The Hon. Judge James Wingham was appointed to the Vancouver Region July 1, 2016 for a two year term.
- The Hon. Judge Ellen Burdett was appointed to the Interior Region February 1, 2017 for an 18 month term.
Recent Provincial Court Judge Appointments
- D. Jahani - January 2, 2018
- P. Whyte - January 2, 2018
- M. Jette - November 10, 2017
- A. Ormiston - November 6, 2017
- D. Boblin - November 6, 2017
- M. McParland - August 16, 2017
- M. Armstrong - August 16, 2017
- M. Daneliuk - August 16, 2017
- N. Adams - March 10, 2017
- P. Stark - January 30, 2017
- L. Doerksen - January 30, 2017
- P. LaPrairie - January 16, 2017
- B. Hutcheson - January 16, 2017
- S. Mengering - January 9, 2017
- C. Malfair - January 9, 2017
- C. Heinrichs- January 3, 2017